This is my first year hosting Thanksgiving.
I know some people get stressed about it, some people just take it with a grain of salt, and some people…well…they thrive at the thought! (And that last one would be me!)
I have had my Thanksgiving Dinner planned out to a “T” for almost a month already!
- A fabulous 20lb Turkey stuffed with onions and apples for flava
- Our family stuffing recipe
- Apple stuffing (Because I’m craving apples right now – and who doesn’t like options?!)
- Mashed potatoes
- Green bean casserole
- My Mom’s cherry jello salad
- Olive Tray (Complete with Calamata olives – to. die. for!)
- Deviled eggs
As far as dessert goes, I can’t bake worth a *BEEP*, so my Aunt is bringing over two homemade pies.
- Pumpkin (Of course)
- That’s right, I said huckleberry. My mouth will be stained a bluish purple for days once I’m finished with dessert…
Not to mention – I have an array of cheeses, spreads and grapes to munch on prior to the meal! On that note, let me just tell you…it has been *very* hard for me to resist breaking into these expensive cheeses for the last week. I. LOVE. CHEESE. and this fridge of mine is pure torture!
Well, I guess I just wanted to share my joy in how excited I am to host Turkey Day. And everyone *has* to know what the best part about it is, right?
So…While I am digging through a dozen boxes for my Christmas decorations on Friday – all the while I will be munching on leftover turkey sandwhiches and bowls full of mashed potatoes! Gosh, I love being pregnant during the Holidays…
Ahhh…A Day in The Life…