Clean out your pantry!
I have wanted to clean out my pantry since the little gal was born. I even had a Facebook post about it. “Cleaning out the pantry today!” I am sure it read…
It never happened.
I would encourage each and every one of you to dig through that pantry of yours and bring every single item out onto your countertop. I had rice from 2009 in there people. And we all know how long rice is good for…so it must have been up there on that top shelf for a WHILE!
Here are a few things I found:
- Three packages of powdered sugar. I ran out one time so subconciously I must have wanted to make up for it…
- Popcorn Salt! I had no clue we ever had bought any, let alone that it sat unopened amongst my nightmare of spices. And who doesn’t dig popcorn salt on their popcorn…
- Grapeseed Oil. How and why I aquired grapeseed oil is completely beyond me
- Honey. Kyle has been bitching about having no honey in the pantry for months. It was just hidden behind the Bisquick! I would have bought more but have you seen how expensive honey is? I might as well start harvesting from the hives undearneath my eaves every Summer.
- Pumpkin pie mix. A big ol’ can. This means that I can make “Impossible Pumpkin Pie”. To. Die. For.
So if you’re up for a rainy day adventure…no need to look any further than your pantry full of wonderous items!
Ahhh…A Day in the Life!
I really should have taken a picture of what it looked like BEFORE I took everything out. But then you might think that I am a walking disorganized disaster…
That Orville Redenbacher’s Popcorn? Date from 2009. Who doesn’t go through popcorn?
All I did was go to the bathroom. I came back and the kiddo had reached up for some 6 month old chocolates and dug right into them. I now have dark chocolate fingerprints covering my entire kitchen and dining room.
And…AFTER! Organization, what a beautiful thing!